Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Annual Scrapbooking Weekend


For the past three years, my girlfriends and I pack up our cars with every scrapbooking tool, accessory and piece of patterned paper in our possession and head upstate into the Catskill mountains for a weekend of creativity, relaxation and fun!

This year was an extra special weekend for us, as we celebrated with our friends Tracey & Karina, as they hosted their first weekend crop! All their hard work paid off, it was an incredible weekend. I hope some more of you will join us next year.

We spent the weekend at Soyuzivka, a year round Ukranian resort nestled in the Catskill mountains in Kerhonkson, NY.
Tracey & Karina were gracious enough to allow me to set up shop at the crop. I was thrilled to spread the word about Memory Works and share all of my newfound favorite products. Here are a few photos of my first ever vending display:







During the crop, I held a raffle where Danielle won $106 in Memory Works products. And I was delighted to see Tracey's mom walk away with my Door Prize Gift Basket filled with a scrapbook, cardstock, paper theme set & other Memory Works accessories and tools!



In between scrapping, we had the most delcious family style meals. It was heaven having 20+ moms in the room and not one of us had to slave away in the kitchen or wash a dirty dish! We loved having our own bartender, which I am fairly confident, helped fuel our midnight dance party. :0) We love you Ga Ga!

CROPPERS BY DAY:

Here is the reason why Michaels stays in business!

Our Scrapbooking Diva, dodging the Paparazzi!

I have always felt completely at ease in the mountains... I am sure it stems from the years spent at our family's cabin(that my father built with his own hands) just before I was born. I always loved walking in the woods... the gurgling streams, the padded paths of fallen leaves, majestc trees that protected a vast, tranquil playground. It didn't take me long before I decided to take a hike on the grounds. I grabbed Allison and Michele and off we went. Here is what we found:











CROPPERS BY NIGHT


Me & the girls finding our inspiration... at the BAR! ;0)


You haven't lived until you've tried a Thin Mint S'more (and spent a weekend with Stefano!)


Uh, get your Cricut on! LMAO

And yes, just in case you were wondering...I did manage to get a little scrapbooking done! Here are some of my favorite layouts:









I'm counting down until next year!!!!

Click on the following links to stay up to date with Tracey & Karina's classes & crops. I'll see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment