Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sharing Creativity


So, like most parents, I have been collecting every piece of artwork T has created since she could hold a crayon, in her once, chubby little fingers. Over the past year, she has really enjoyed coloring and crafting. We started collecting all of these masterpieces in a large basket in her playroom, which began to overflow.


So, I had a thought. Why not share these masterpieces with others? I told T of my plan and she was completely on board. First, we sorted through the basket and saved our most memorable and favorite pieces. I couldn't let go of her first painting of a unicorn and she couldn't let go of anything that resembled a princess, a pony of the color pink. :0) But, by the end of the day, we had gathered 40 masterpieces to share with others.

I made a phone call to a local nursing home and made arrangements for us to visit with the residents. Today, we met with a large group before they had their BINGO game for the day. Talia individually handed out her creations to each of the residents and said, "I made this for you." They loved her...how could they not! And they were very thankful.

Mid-way through our time with the residents, Talia said, "Look Mommy, they are all smiling!" My heart melted and I thought to myself, "Now it can't get any better than that!"
T with one of the residents... she was so cute! I loved her all dressed up with her pearls.


On our way out, I felt so proud of T! I was beaming from ear to ear!






2 comments:

  1. How cute! And what a great idea. Is this the one on Franklin? My grandmother was there on and off for a few years, so it's a special place to me, it is wonderful that Talia was able to make them smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is. Maybe we can take a trip back with both of the girls one day.

    ReplyDelete